God plays out of bounds and wins every time.
Impossibility is His arena.
So, the other day I was having “a day.” You know what I mean. It was one of “those” days. We all have them. I was slammed by the thoughts and feelings that “I’m not a good mom” “I’m not a good wife” “I’m not a good housekeeper” “I’m not a good missionary” “I’m not a good friend” “I’m not a good…” …fill in the blank. It’s quite depressing when you start believing all those lies.
We have also been experiencing financial mountains we didn’t anticipate. For weeks leading up to this “day” it was blow after blow of financial “impossibilities” and unforeseen expenses. (Car problems, dental problems, etc) Then one more thing landed on top of us.
I felt the devil wanting me to say (in my sarcastic voice, of course), “oh darn, all these problems….I guess we can’t go to Kosovo. We don't have the means. We don't have the time. We aren't smart enough…I guess we have to stay here...”
Then the Lord so perfectly reminded me of the way Jeff and I have been feeling and viewing this whole venture from the day we first began to seriously pray about returning to Kosovo, well over a year ago. Since that day, we have felt (and this is from the Lord) that “this” is way bigger than us. God is doing something huge here, and we are just a small part of it. This theme has resounded over and over again through the months as the Lord has confirmed His will to us and His plan has unfolded and started to come together. What is happening in Kosovo is bigger than we are. This is so God. This is bigger than us. We don’t fully understand what God is doing or what He has planned, but it is Him and it’s bigger than we can understand. He has bigger plans than we can see right now….
And then I had one of those beautiful “duh” moments. If this is all “bigger than us” then of course it’s going to be bigger than our wallets! OF COURSE it’s going to be bigger than our abilities. OF COURSE! It’s God’s thing, not ours. Why do we fret? Why do we worry?
And this lesson has been almost life changing - changing my perspective on impossibility:
We as humans want to measure things by human understanding. We measure possibility by things physical: time, space, talents, skills, numbers, money, etc. And that’s just how the enemy wants us to view things. He wants us to use human standards to determine whether or not something is possible. But God is outside of human standards, abilities, and limitations.
Here it is…are you ready for it?
God is not bound by our bank account to provide for all our financial needs.
God is not bound by our ability/lack of ability to be amazing parents to take care of this family.
God is not bound by my ability/lack of ability to be a good mother, to raise these kids.
God is not bound by my ability/lack of ability to be a good wife to take care of my marriage.
God is not bound by my ability/lack of ability to feed my kids vegetables every day to keep my kids healthy.
God is not bound by our frustrating email account with myriads of problems to communicate to people about Kosovo and get the word out.
God is not bound by my ability/lack of ability to keep a clean house to make our home a place of peace and sanctuary.
God is not bound by our stressful schedule to accomplish what needs to be done.
God is not bound by our wisdom and understanding to lead us to make the right decisions.
God is not bound by my limitations. I am SO THANKFUL.
God is not bound.
God has been so faithful. God has always been faithful. It is we who "wander" from believing Him. He just continues on in His faithfulness. We are seeing Him provide in ways that is far beyond our expectations. We are seeing Him put things together we would not have thought possible. He is good. And it is so good to be reminded that He is not bound nor measured by things physical to accomplish His purpose in our lives.
Now, I love impossibilty. Because God is not bound by it. And impossibiltiy is the arena in which God works.
I SOOOOO needed to read this today. Thank you for your vulnerability and for sharing what God is teaching you. I've been having those same kind of days for the same kinds of reasons (minus the wife and kids part. hehe). Glad to know other missionaries struggle the same way I do.
ReplyDelete