Training in IBS

“If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy who drives the plough to know more of the scriptures than you do.” - William Tyndale

Pastoring the fellowship of Malisheve and Teaching Inductive Bible Study seminars in Kosovo and Eastern Europe.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Lost (by Jeff)

Luke 15:6

O) "...Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!"

I) There is more joy in heaven over some good things than other good things. There is more joy over one person coming to Christ for the first time than there is for 99 believers in the church continuing to walk with God. The salvation of one lost person is more important to heaven and therefore to God Himself than the sanctification of 99 Christians. The lost being saved is the thing that brings God more joy than anything else.
A) This is revolutionary to my life and I believe to the ministry of  our church. My main goal must be the salvation of the lost. If one lost person being saved brings heaven and God the greatest joy then that is what I want to do all the time. The making of disciples and sanctifying of believers is the way that we reach the lost. But it cannot be our main goal because it does not bring God the most joy. It is a means to seeing that joy fulfilled. So like John, I have no greater joy than seeing my children walk in the truth, so that all of us together in increasing measure will be seeking and saving the lost. Thank you Jesus that you push forward like this for us, that your joy is in the lost being saved. You love to rescue those in danger. You love to save human souls. I want to join you in this love with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Thank You Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment