Tuesday, October 16, 2012
A Joke
Mark 6
Observation) v37 But He answered and said to them, "You give them something to eat." And they said to Him, "Shall we go and buy two hundred denarii worth of bread and give them something to eat?"
Interpretation ) Jesus gives the disciples a command to feed about 10,000 people. These are now poor guys because they have left all to follow Him. As they look at their resources they feel like it's a joke. They respond to His command with a sarcastic question. The logistics were impossible. How in the world could we ever do that? In other words, we can't do that. This is all a lesson from Jesus that they didn't even understand at the time. They were mad. Their hearts were hard (v52). Jesus commands the impossible and it's not a joke. Then He takes whatever little we might have, if we give it to Him, and does a huge miracle.
Application) I literally feel like I have so little, and can do so little that the commands of Jesus concerning the world and His desire for all men to be saved are like a joke. How could we ever reach all these people? How will we ever even make a dent in satan's strongholds here? In other words, I can't. We can't. Yet this is the command of Jesus, do it. Preach the gospel to every creature. Make disciples of all nations. His command is even broader. All I can do is give Him what little I have and watch Him do the miracle. Here I am today, Lord. However weak and small, You know. Do what You are thinking. By Your grace we will see the miracles necessary to reach every one of these people with the gospel. We will see Your church built up strong and beautiful. We will see disciples going from here to the ends of the earth with the gospel. If You tarry, we will see the impossible. Thank You Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment