Training in IBS

“If God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy who drives the plough to know more of the scriptures than you do.” - William Tyndale

Pastoring the fellowship of Malisheve and Teaching Inductive Bible Study seminars in Kosovo and Eastern Europe.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Singing Life (by Jeff)

   And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of God. (Ephesians 5:18-21)
   This is about praying. These thoughts came tonight through our Bible study in Acts chapter 1. We read about how Jesus gave commands to the Apostles whom He had chosen "through the Holy Spirit". The interpretation was that as a man, Jesus relied on the Holy Spirit to live and do things and the application was that we should rely on the Holy Spirit also to live. Which led us to the above section of Ephesians. That was just a small part of the Bible study and we moved on. But after driving some of the brothers and sisters home tonight on my way back to my home these verses came back to mind. And I started to sing to the Lord in the car.
   I don't know about you but sometimes it's hard for me to pray. To remain focused and pray through a list of people in my circles and their lives, when I can hardly feel I've even begun to cover the prayer needs even of my closest people, is daunting at times. But as I sang to the Lord in the car (which is always a good place because nobody can hear me) and began to praise and thank Him, proclaiming His truth from the top of my lungs to the bottom of them, prayer for these people and situations became just an overflow. And this is how we are meant to serve others, from an overflow of our own relationship with the LORD. Then it becomes easy and then it is a joy because we are singing life into them. So sing away and the strongholds will fall.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this, I often feel the exact same way as I pray. You guys are always such an encouragement & God speaks such amazing truths through you!!!

    ReplyDelete